Re: use right apple key as alt (Re: X kills my powerbook)

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 12:34:30PM +0100, Ben Mueller wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> > Now I have another gripe with the keyboard mapping for
> > my spanish Apple Pro keyboard, it includes us(extended)
> > which makes the right Apple key work as a Compose key.
> >
> > Well, I prefer to have that key work as Alt, since standard
> > Spanish keyboards already have dead keys and enough 3rd key
> > symbols for my needs.
>
> Perhaps you want to take a look at bug #355602. There is a patch to map
> Alt to the left apple key.

I have already Alt on the Apple left key. But I like to also
map it to the Apple right key since I use it quite a lot.

Before the addition to the "us" mapping I only had to define
<RWIN> as Alt_R. For now i have not yet found the magic incantation
to override this in my "es" keymap: the key becomes completely
dead (NoSymbol, does not act as modifier) for whatever reason.

	Gabriel