X kills my powerbook

I did apt-get upgrade yesterday.  Now X kills my powerbook stone dead
every time I run it.  All I see is a flashing cursor in the top left for
a couple of seconds and then the box turns off.  xorg.conf is untouched,
so I don't know what the cause would be.  I've tried trapping output and
errors from startx but the machine is dying too quickly.

It's definitely X.  There was a kernel upgrade at the same time but the
old kernel shows the same behaviour.

I'm using a Powerbook G4 (albook), running the testing distro.

--
Bruce

A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
feeling as miserable as you.