Re: debian-PPC powerbook laptop support.

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 02:50:39AM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi David
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 11:29:14AM -0600, David Smoot wrote:
> > What (if anything) do I give up by blowing out Mac OS X entirely and going
> > to Debian-PPC on my powerbook?

You won't probably be able to play *all* .wmv files: xine, that is its ppc
version, is able to play some, but not all of them. Some plugins,
e.g. Macromedia Flash Player, are not available for powerpc, if I'm
not mistaken.

HTH

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on