Re: APT sources changes to convert Kubuntu to vanilla Debian (newbie)??

Alejandro Muñoz Fernández wrote:
Dije:

|  It should be very possible, in fact, I've already converted from ubuntu to
|  debian and viceversa several times.
|
|  Anyway, you must try debian testing or unstable, if not, many packages
| won't be upgraded.
|
|  And I warn you that a catastrophe may happen so back up all your files.

I forgot to mention the commands you must use after adding the debian sources to /etc/sources.list, just in case you don't remember them:

# apt-get update
# apt-get dist-upgrade
# apt-get upgrade

Many thanks. I'll give it a try if the Ubuntu Dapper Flight 4 PPC doesn't clear up my windfarn_91 problems. Their latest kernel update didn't do anything to solve my problem.

Even though I forwarded <benh@kernel.crashing.org> postings on the issue, I can't be sure that they picked up on the need to implement the windfarm_91, rather than following their circular solution :-(

BTW, in your experience, do you lose any hardware detection capabilities when you switch from Ubuntu to Debian or vice versa?

Cheers,

Brian