Re: iMac won't boot from AppleCD (solved)

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 07:25:42PM -0200, Gunther Furtado wrote:
> Well, everything is working as expected now. I can boot OS9 on HD and CD
> from yaboot startup menu. I could make it OK  only when I put the
> partition with OS9 immediately after the extra starting partitions (that
> would make it /dev/hda6) and before the bootstrap partition. I thought
> it was suppose to be the other way around.

Having the bootstrap partition first is strongly suggested, not actually
required. The issue is that if you reset the boot settings in PRAM, it
will try to boot from the first bootable partition it finds. If you
put the bootstrap partition first, then Linux would be the default even
if you drain the battery or otherwise lose the settings in firmware.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com