iMac won't boot from AppleCD

Hi,

I am installing/fine tunning a newer and bigger HD to my iMac 333MHz. I have successfully managed to install debian (root) in /dev/hda3 and the bootstrap partition is /dev/hda2. I have successfully configured yaboot to boot from various linux Live-CDs such as knoppix's and ubuntu's. But I cannot boot from apple's original iMac Install (MacOS 9) CD. As I press "c" on the initial yaboot screen the cd-drive produces some noises (as if it is trying to read the CD) the screen goes to the old apple grayish color and then... nothing.

Does it have to do whit those little partitions in the start of the traditional apple partition map? I do not have anything that couldn't be lost on this disk so any strategy is acceptable, I need to have dual boot plus cd boot. Mol isn't capable of booting from cd (#startmol --cd boot) either.

Thank you,

Gunther Furtado