Re: iMac won't boot from AppleCD

Hi,

On 13/11/05, Gunther Furtado <gunzera@pop.com.br> wrote:
> Brad Boyer wrote:

[...]
> If I could use OS9 from within mol that would be just as fine! And the
> question is: do OS9 using mol still needs those extra partitions?

AFAIK with mol you should be able to use "partition files" instead of
physical partitions on a harddisk.

Another option would be to see an Apple dealer of your choice. I once
had a media error on an OS 9 CD wich prevented me from booting.  The
dealer gave me a copy which was just fine.
Before erasing the HardDisk, I would recommend to unplug it. Just
leave the CD-ROM in place, and try to boot this way. IMO Macs ignore
all devices they can't use for booting (e.g. Disk with the driver
partition missing).

Regards
Christian