Re: iMac won't boot from AppleCD

Christian Walther wrote:

Hi,

On 13/11/05, Gunther Furtado <gunzera@pop.com.br> wrote:
Brad Boyer wrote:

[...]
If I could use OS9 from within mol that would be just as fine! And the
question is: do OS9 using mol still needs those extra partitions?

AFAIK with mol you should be able to use "partition files" instead of
physical partitions on a harddisk.

Another option would be to see an Apple dealer of your choice. I once
had a media error on an OS 9 CD wich prevented me from booting.  The
dealer gave me a copy which was just fine.
Before erasing the HardDisk, I would recommend to unplug it. Just
leave the CD-ROM in place, and try to boot this way. IMO Macs ignore
all devices they can't use for booting (e.g. Disk with the driver
partition missing).

Regards
Christian

Thanks for the tips but is too late: I've already started over. Deleted everything with ubuntu LiveCD and still downloading the tasksel chosen packages as I type. I'll let you know if everything went OK!

regards,

Gunther