Re: (Solved) Request for help to identify some bugs (part one)

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 22:03 +0200, Yannick Roehlly wrote:
> I think that the list was refusing my message to tell me 'investigate
> more'... ;-)
>
> In fact, the problem was in the composite extension (left by an old test).
> This extension removed, no more problem! Thanks to Michel who made
> investigate this problem with another point of vue (using ssh from another
> machine) and find the solution.

That is a known bug with Composite which causes the server to crash when
a 32 bits ARGB visual is requested by an application. I fixed that bug
in X.org CVS but it's not (yet) fixed in 6.8.x branch. Just don't enable
Composite for now, it's not terribly useful anyway on this version :)