Re: External Monitor from PowerBook5,6

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 05:30:02PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> So now I have a fresh CVS build of xorg.
>
> I still cannot get a pictures without using "UseFBDev".
> There is also a
> (WW) ****INVALID IO ALLOCATION**** b: 0xf0000400 e: 0xf00004ff correcting
> (EE) end of block range 0xefffffff < begin 0xf0000000
>
> During various experiments I could see some output to the external monitor.
> When plugging it in while booting I get some traces from radeonfb,
> probably disorted because of the different sizes (laptop panel
> 1280x854, external 1280x1024.).

Strangely enough, if I try a dual head setup and UseFBDev on the external
monitor I managed with one setting to get a display on both, though
the background of the external monitor is not correct. The mouse
can float over though. Trying to display a menu or window on the
external monitor has effects on the first monitor, so this is not
getting much closer.

Hints badly wanted.