Re: External Monitor from PowerBook5,6

Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@intevation.de> writes:
> It seems that most options of Mirroring and the CRT2 in the radeon drivers
> need to use MergeFB. However so far I can only see something if I
> specify Option "UseFBDev" "true" and thus MergeFB gets disabled.
> When MergeFB is in place, even without error messages I have a black
> laptop screen (with one horizontal dark line in the lower part).
> Whether I have a second screen attached or not makes no difference.

I have mirroring working on my iBook G4 with a Radeon 9200. Xorg 6.8.2 does
not include the necessary code for this, so there are two things you can try:

1) Try Xorg HEAD.

2) See what patches Ubuntu uses in their Xorg package. They have backported
   some of Ben's work from HEAD, and so their Xorg (6.8.2-10) can do mirroring
   at least on my iBook.

cheers,

John