Re: External Monitor from PowerBook5,6

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 12:51:12PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 07:46:02PM +0930, John Steele Scott wrote:
> > Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@intevation.de> writes:
>
> > I have mirroring working on my iBook G4 with a Radeon 9200. Xorg 6.8.2 does
> > not include the necessary code for this, so there are two things you can try:
> >
> > 1) Try Xorg HEAD.
>
> I will try HEAD.

Did CVS checkout and compiled.
Strangely enough I had to restart compilation a few times
because of compiler and assembler error.
It always worked the second time on the same file.
So now I have a fresh CVS build of xorg.

I still cannot get a pictures without using "UseFBDev".
There is also a
(WW) ****INVALID IO ALLOCATION**** b: 0xf0000400 e: 0xf00004ff correcting
(EE) end of block range 0xefffffff < begin 0xf0000000

During various experiments I could see some output to the external monitor.
When plugging it in while booting I get some traces from radeonfb,
probably disorted because of the different sizes (laptop panel
1280x854, external 1280x1024.).

When I try to only use the laptop screen without UseFBDEV, it fails.
The screen stays dark.

BTW: I am on 2.6.11 something here. Is the kernel crucial for
this funcationality?