Re: [G5] Mirrored characters on the console [was Re: Problem compiling SMU driver]

> > I've got rid of the problem by switching CONFIG_FB_NVIDIA off. I
> > have kept CONFIG_FB_RIVA in, and it seems to work fine now (but I
> > haven't been as far as the X server configuration yet).
>
> That is weird, CONFIG_FB_NVIDIA should work fine. You should make sure
> you tell the linux-fbdev mailing list about your problem.

As a follow up on my previous post, I've found the following message on
the linux kernel list:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0411.1/0589.html

<< Q: My system hangs when vt-switching if I have rivafb enabled.

A: Using both rivafb and the NVIDIA kernel module at the same time is
currently broken. In general, using two independent software drivers
to drive the same piece of hardware is a bad idea. >>

I get my "reversed" characters with both CONFIG_FB_NVIDIA and
CONFIG_FB_RIVA activated. I have not tried with CONFIG_FB_NVIDIA alone.
This might be the cause of the problem.

Francois