Re: MythTV PPC

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 09:34:57AM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > Strange i find a thread in every linux forum containing a need for a
> > MythTV for PPC,why is no one develop a version for the PPC arcitecture??
>
> Me Too !!
>
> (cheap shot; just couldn't resist...)
>
> Anyway, the point seems moot - the reason why there's no packages in
> Debian seems entirely political, if I read Sven's message right.

Well, there are two issues, the fact that there are no packages in the archive
(for fear of persecution from the movie-guys or whateer), and the fact that
mythtv doesn't build out of the box on powerpc.

> Someone needs to build the Ubuntu packages for unstable and set up an

Do the ubuntu packages build on powerpc ?

> inoffocial apt-gettable repo, that's all. Or else, some developer needs to
> be convinced to set up an alioth project - to what extent politics might
> interfere there I don't know.

None, as you only need to convince the alioth admins and not the ftp-masters.

Friendly,

Sven Luther