Re: MythTV PPC

> > Anyway, the point seems moot - the reason why there's no packages in
> > Debian seems entirely political, if I read Sven's message right.
>
> Well, there are two issues, the fact that there are no packages in the archive
> (for fear of persecution from the movie-guys or whateer), and the fact that

Well, persecution for what reason? Is there non-free or patented code
included? That's what they usually get serious about.

> mythtv doesn't build out of the box on powerpc.
>
> > Someone needs to build the Ubuntu packages for unstable and set up an
>
> Do the ubuntu packages build on powerpc ?

Or so someone claimed on the list. I wouldn't know.

> > inoffocial apt-gettable repo, that's all. Or else, some developer needs to
> > be convinced to set up an alioth project - to what extent politics might
> > interfere there I don't know.
>
> None, as you only need to convince the alioth admins and not the ftp-masters.

Let's first see someone build the Ubuntu packages for ppc. In case I
wasn't clear enough - this is a job that can and should be done by any
user interested in having MythTV for powerpc and capable of running
apt-get source and dpkg-buildpackage on it.

If that doesn't work, there's no point in bothering the alioth admins.

	Michael