Re: hfs boot floppy versions

That is beside the point. The miboot stuff wasn't included for legal reasons,
and i don't even understand why it was included in woody.
Yep, remember reading that somewhere - would it be possible to take the NetBSD code producing ofwboot.xcf, legal-wise or is it also unfree in the debian terms?

If you had bothered to check the mailing list archive of both debian-boot
and/or debian-powerpc, you would have noticed numerous posts about this
selfsame issue going back over a year, please go and read them, and then
appreciate the rather consequent work we all invested in this issue for mostly
old and obsolet hardware nobody uses anyway, and then i expect you to show a
bit more humility next time. What have you done yourself, downloaded a couple
of floppies without even investigating the issues, and made wild claims ?
You were talking about attitude - "numerous posts" about this don't come from nowhere, they alone should proove that it's in use by people. Let alone those, that do not report their successes and failures. I actually do have read tons of posts and yes, there is this selfsame issue coming up once in a while with other beings getting frustrated of apple's bugs and their refusal to provide documentation for the specific macosrom (and the subsequent kludges, legal+technical, developers have to use to make it work anyway).

I don't see the point in shutting people up that have to plain say what's wrong -and I did nothing more. There is no template for writing polite emails (well, maybe file a clean and sterile bug-report) and what is usual tone for some might get other people started. What do you want? You have my respect, but I will not gracefully bow in front of you or wrap my plain words in flowers. A lot of testers have probably been in my situation before, either giving up or kissing the ring.

My conclusion is to better not give feedback to the community next time (which is what-I've-done), cause my frustrated state of mind could negatively influence the wording so that others are incapable of separating the signal from the noise. Which, in turn, results in lengthy calls to rethink a position I did not occupy in the first place.

It's also interesting to see how wanabe-testers don't know how to use google
or read mailing list archives :)
Hm, how would I've found your floppies then?

It's ridiculous already, I'll cut the cr*p,
Christian

ps: we meet on a deserted planet, starving, looking for something to eat, but we fail - we just didn't like the way the other would ask for cooperation