Re: 2.6.14-rc5 uploaded to experimental available at http://people.debian.org/~luther/2.6.14-rc5

Sven Luther declared on Sunday 30 October 2005 07:07 pm:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 06:15:38PM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> > Sven Luther declared on Sunday 30 October 2005 03:16 pm:
> > >
> > > Why in hell are you running a 2.4.27 kernel ? This was not the
> > > default sarge kernel and i expicitly mentioned it should not be
> > > used, having been mostly abandoned upstream over two years ago.
> >
> > As I said in my other email, I couldn't install using the sarge
> > netboot installer (missing yaboot binary and config, and the woody
> > yaboot wouldn't load the initrd.gz that is available for
> > netbooting).  So, I installed woody, and dist-upgraded to testing.
>
> You did file an installation report though, right ?

Just did now.

> > I've tried installing other 2.6 kernels, but (as I said before),
> > they all kernel panic when loading the ide driver for the chipset on
> > the machine (blue&white G3).
>
> Ah, yes, i remember that. Did you file a bug report against the kernel
> for that ?

No, because there's already a bug open about that, on 2.6.8 at least.  I
guess I'll file one on 2.6.12-1 as I don't see an open bug report there.

I'll try out clean sources from kernel.org and see if they have the same
bug present, and file an upstream bug with them if it is.

Pat