Re: Power Mac 6100/66

Hi,

BTW, are you sure your machien is nubus ? What does /proc/cpuinfo tell you ? Friendly, Sven Luther

Yes it is:

rverde:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 603
revision        : 3.2 (pvr 0003 0302)
bogomips        : 49.76
machine         : PowerMac,NuBus
motherboard     : Performa MacRISC
detected as     : 0 (<NULL>)
pmac flags      : 00000000
memory          : 40MB
pmac-generation : NuBus

You need to copy /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27-nubus to your HFS partition, name it
Mach kernel, and boot it with mklinux.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

I followed your instructions and the booting process went OK until it entered runlevel 2 and loaded all services but froze just after the next line:

Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.

and nothing happens after that.

The good thig is: the box was doing a good job routing the other machines in my LAN (MacOS, XP and Debian) implying that at list iptables was functioning.
But I can't login...
Can I do anything to solve this, it's been a long time since I did #apt-get dist-upgrade... can this be the problem?

regards,

Gunther