Re: how to install debian on imac?

Hi!

I'd like to install debian onto an iMac G5, but im not sure where to start.

Whats the best way to install debian from scratch?

Do i just use the debian-installer powerpc rc3 cdrom?

No, that will not work.

Do i need to use the updated kernel at http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc64/cdrom64/ to install?

Yes, you have to. I've just done it and I'm really happy to finally have my G5 with Debian.

Please, read the thread "Installing Debian on a iMac G5" on this very same list, it's only a week old. It's always best to check the archives to see if the subject has already been dealt with.

Eduardo.