Re: Installing Debian on an iMac G5 - stable and testing d-i fail

Hi,

Well, I downloaded http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc64/netboot64/ and put it in an tftp server and set up dhcp.

After a while I figured out that I needed to do: boot enet:a.b.c.d,yaboot (and not simply boot enet:0 that does not work).

Yaboot started alright, but the kernel loading failed. The problem? The buffer size that yaboot uses for tftp downloading is only 4M. So, I downloaded the source package yaboot, changed the parameter and compiled it again, and then ... it booted! Thanks Sven!

I left the machine running, at the downloading packages stage, but it got stuck at 69%. I don't know why. I will try the whole process again tonight (the machine is somewhere else), but so far it looks good!

Eduardo.