Re: Installing Debian on an iMac G5 - stable and testing d-i fail

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 02:30:17PM -0300, Eduardo Trápani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, I downloaded
> http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc64/netboot64/
> and put it in an tftp server and set up dhcp.
>
> After a while I figured out that I needed to do: boot
> enet:a.b.c.d,yaboot (and not simply boot enet:0 that does not work).
>
> Yaboot started alright, but the kernel loading failed.  The problem?
> The buffer size that yaboot uses for tftp downloading is only 4M.  So, I
> downloaded the source package yaboot, changed the parameter and compiled
> it again, and then ... it booted!  Thanks Sven!

Well, the debian yaboot should have a 6M buffer.

> I left the machine running, at the downloading packages stage, but it
> got stuck at 69%.  I don't know why.  I will try the whole process again
> tonight (the machine is somewhere else), but so far it looks good!

Ah, you installed debian/etch ? so you probably got stuck by the missing
ipchain ? What message was there at 69 % ? Could you switch to console 2/3/4
and investigate a bit more about the error messages there ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther