Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.

I'm including debian-boot on the Cc list, so that other people can share
their knowledge here.

On Aug 27 2005, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 01:01:20AM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > Please, correct, me but the fake Finder and System folders that
> > comes with Debian's woody HFS floppy are miboot floppies, right?
>
> No idea, probably, but i am really not all that knowledgeable about
> pre-sarge oldworld stuff.

Well, I think that it is, but some definitive answer on this would be
appreciated.

> > That floppy is what I am using to boot my system. But, again, please
> > correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Not sure, someone else could comment.

> > > Also, if yes, would you contribute some documentation about this
> > > in the installation manual ?
> >
> > Of course I can contribute documentation, but I don't think that
> > what I am doing is anything extraordinary.
>
> Well, it is always better than nothing, which is probably what we have
> now.

Ok, I can write a few paragraphs on this, if desired. Where should I
insert the text that I write? It would be nice to know the context where
the snippet will go.

Regards, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/