AW: kernel compile on RS6000 7043-260

Hi Pat,

thanks for Your fast reply, but that isn't it.
I did exactly what You wrote before, so the sym53c8xx
and scsi disk IS in config flagged with "Y".
When I compare the top of the logs, there's already
something different. The original kernel loads ramdisk first
and later finds the cramfs and mounts it.
The new kernel does a chrp-boot...
Must really have to do with initrd/cramfs/ramdisk.

BTW I just want to build my own kernel to get rid of
the IDE support in the original kernel, since the "noprobe"
kernel argument doesn't work and this adds about 2 minutes
boot time for probing something, that isn't really there.
Maybe noprobe is fixed in a newer kernel, but as far as I know,
2.6.11 is the last 32bit-smp-kernel. And although I'm on a 64-bit
machine, I'd like to use the 32-bit environment for compatibility
reasons to an older ppc-machine here.

Regards,
Ralph