Re: good wireless card ppc debian

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 12:32:04AM +0200, Andrea Lusuardi - UoVoBW wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:45:01 +0200
> Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Same probably is true currently for the rt2500 driver
> > (serialmonkey.com) if you use it on Debian ppc: It currently works
> > here (PowerBook G4) only with WEP, but Mark Wallis on
> >
> > <http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=215>
>
> Sorry if i get ot a while, but which kind of card are you using?

I use a "Conceptonic C54RC" (conceptonic.net) ... it's been rather cheap:
23 Euro or so ... :)

> I have an Asus WL-167G,supported by the aforementioned driver, which is
> an external usb adapter.
> I cannot get the driver to work on my ibook G4 (1.33 ghz)

Which driver do you use for it? rt2500, rt2750? From what I see on
<http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Downloads>

it seems you might need the rt2570 USB nightly CVS tarball, am I right?

> It compiles,it loads but no rt0 or rtusb0 interfaces are found.
> I have the right settings in the kernel (i've been asking in the forum
> and those who have it working have the same options i have)...

Where's your message in the (serialmonkey?) forum: I didn't find it

> You mean you have a PCMCIA card, an internal card (airportextreme-like)
> or are you using the usb one (an external card featuring the same
> chipset)?

I have currently 2 radio cards: the orinoco one (IINM: Apple calls it
"Airport Card", not "Airport Extreme" or such: Details about that
card in my previous postings in this thread a few minutes ago .. :)

And the second one is the "Conceptonic C54RC" that I run with the
serialmonkey.com rt2500 driver. I plug this card via the computer's
card bus (formerly PCMCIA) slot to the machine. But it currently works
only with WEP encryption, no TKIP, no AES. I didn't try a
non-encrypted running of rt2500 so far ... :)

> thank you and sorry for my english

Welcome .. :)
And I understood very well what you wrote. Please let me know if you
need more information ...

Regards
Wolfgang
--