Re: problems on a 7500/100 powerpc

Hi,

On  26 Jul, this message from Eric Cooper echoed through cyberspace:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 05:59:03PM -0700, Steven Gilbreath wrote:
>> i am trying to get debian running on a 7500 powerpc
>> but the boot floppies can't find my Quantum Fireball 1
>> gig hard drive.
[snip]

> If not, I vaguely remember having problems because the HD was on the
> internal instead of the external SCSI bus (or maybe vice versa).  You
> might try opening it up and moving the disk's ribbon cable connector
> to the adjacent SCSI connector to see if that helps.

And I remember problems specifically with the Quantum drives sold
originally with the computer, if  jumpered for a specific SCSI ID. I
think the ID in question was ID 0.

Try changing the SCSI ID of the drive, that might help.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |