Re: Webcam USB Philips

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 08:14:02PM +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I'm currently trying to use a philips vesta cam under linux (yes, the
> pwc one). I think the webcam worked with the actual pwc module (2.6.12.2
> kernel) on i386, but in powerpc i only have a grey screen when using
> camstream.
> Does someone manage to use this webcam with linux/ppc ?

Works fine, you need the pwc module, which builds fine for the pre-built
2.6.11-powerpc kernels, thanks to the module support implemented in it (you
just need to set KSRC=/lib/modules/2.6.11-powerpc). There are even official
packages, but they are in NEW maybe.

2.6.12 should have modules for it thouggh, but i didn't test them yet with the
usb webcam, the external free one used above is ok though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther