random hard resets

hi. i'm using debian on a G4 iBook 12'' with a 2.6.11 kernel

Linux imladris 2.6.11 #1 Thu Jun 30 11:10:09 CEST 2005 ppc GNU/Linux

i've compiled the kernel myself, but just applied to debian's
kernel-source the 'control key' patch that makes ctrl:nocaps work,
leaving the default debian kernel config untouched.

since 2 or 3 weeks ago, my laptop has just switch-off 3 or 4 times. i
haven't detected a pattern, except that i was always on AC power (and
most probably using emacs, since i spent most of my time in there).
and suddenly, poof, the laptop switches off, like it does when you
hold down the power button. upon rebooting, nothing seems wrong,
*except* that the clock has been reset to Jan 1st 1904 (sic)!!!

i have no clue what's causing this behaviour, or wether it's a hw or
sw problem: has anybody suffered from something similar?

thanks for your time,
jao
--
Yet it is in our idleness, in our dreams, that the submerged truth
sometimes comes to the top.