Re: RS6000 / 43P Install Failing

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 04:41:52PM -0400, Mark Van Leeuwen wrote:

> I am attempting to install linux on an RS6000 43P-140 and am not having
> too much luck. Is there anyone who can help me.

Could you provide a bit more info on what exaclty you are trying to do ?

The Debian/Sarge install method consists on trying the prep netboot on those,
i don't remember if it works though, but it worked on my powerstack. prep
partition creation and kernel install is somewhat by hand yet though.

Search for the sarge debian-installer archive for
powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-prep.initrd.

Friendly,

Sven Luther