Re: Turning off and hard lockup on older G3 iBook

Ian Wienand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a 700Mhz white iBook, and for a while now I've had reliability
> problems, probably since around 2.6.11 days.
>
> I'm running 2.6.13-rc2 from git a few days ago, and the latest
> pbbuttons since I read about some problems with that.
>
> Sometimes the laptop will just completely turn its self off, and when
> it comes back the time is set to Jan 1, 1904.  This seems to happen
> after a sleep resume cycle, but I can't really replicate it.

Sounds familiar.

> I haven't read about anyone else having these problems, am I the only
> one?

I'm seeing it too on a 500MHz White iBook.

However, I have assured myself that this is not kernel related.
I have both 2.6.10 and 2.6.11 (which I've been using for weeks)
on my machine and they both have the same problem. However, the
problem only started after an "apt-get upgrade" a couple of days
ago. One of the things that changed in the "apt-get upgrade" was
pbuttonsd.

Anyone know where I might be able to find an older version of
pbuttonsd? I looked in /var/cache/apt/archives/ but some geius ran
apt-get autoclean!

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"Within C++, there is a much smaller and cleaner language struggling
to get out." -- Bjarne Stroustrup