Re: Sarge / OldWorld / Boot X

On (27/06/05 09:47), Dimitri Apostola wrote:
> I was wondering -- the Installation Manual for using OldWorld Macs and
> hard drive booting says to use the Woody installation files, and those
> seem to work alright, but the directory structure on the FTP has
> naturally changed between Woody and Sarge, and so the files that one
> would use for this process (a linux.bin among others) don't seem to
> exist anymore.
>
> So I guess I was wondering if I was looking in the wrong place, or if
> there was a similar process that could be done using Boot X, but using
> sarge and a 2.6 kernel?
If you copy the installer /vmlinuz and /initrd kernel images to the mac
system folder (I forget exactly the process but it should be in the
archives - I don't have a live old-world machine anymore).  BootX will
then boot the install CD.  The main thing to remember is to copy the
installed /vmlinuz and /initrd images to the mac side BEFORE you reboot
during the install; otherwise you won't get back to the install.   There
should also be information on this in the archives.

Put: site:lists.debian.org old world mac bootx      .... into a google
search

Regards

Clive

--