display problems, sleep and freeze on PB5,6 2.6.12-rc6

Powerbook 5,6   15" with Radeon 9600 M10
linux 2.6.12-rc6

Two oddities:
	a) sometimes I get a dizzling screen from the console startup,
	this is the time when the radeon framebuffer is initialised
	I assume. Putting the machine to sleep and wake it up again
	seems to help. I think I remember Ben muttering something about
	the difficulties with the initialisation code.
	I also observed this somethimes after a wakeup. Another sleep
	wakeup usually solved the problem.

	b) I can get a hard freeze.

	Scenario: running Debian Xfree 4.3 on vt7,
	starting Xorg 6.2.x from CVS on vt8.
	Doing a couple of sleep resumes by closing the lid and reopening.

	Now switching between the vtt can cause a hard freeze at some point.
	I cannot ping the machine anymore and need to turn it off.

There is no reliable way to reproduce this and b) does not give me
error message either, so I guess this must start happen to Ben so we
will get a fix at some time. ;)

Any ideas what I could do to help somebody fix it?
	Bernhard