Re: Problems installing Debian Sarge on PReP PPC, (Motorola PReP Utah PowerStack II Pro4000)

Hi,

there are AFAIK some problems with the new Debian installer,
especially on older PPC-Hardware, such as PReP-Machines. I remember
that I had an issue with the Boot partition, too.
If you have a tftpd-Server set up, you can boot your kernel via
network. If you don't want to do a network boot all the time, I would
recommend to do so at least, once - because setting up a PReP boot
partition while the system is running (e.g. you can use fdisk) is
possible.

And you're right about the bootloader: The kernel is loaded from the
boot partition.

HTH,
Christian