Re: touchpad on powerbook5,6 (was: Questions about the new powerbook ?)

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 13:36 +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:

> Thank you for your great work, it works really well using the synaptics driver.
> Still, I had some issues:
>
> - tapping only works for one finger, neither tapping with 2 or 3 fingers,

This is expected, the driver doesn't report multi finger information.
This could be worked on, but one has to write some detection algorithms
in the driver.

> nor
>   tapping in one of the corners is recognized as it should be.

> - horizontal scrolling does not work.

Both of those should work provided you configure the synaptics driver in
order to do it. I didn't do it myself yet, but I don't see why they
wouldn't work (like the vertical scrolling which does work properly).

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian@popies.net>