Re: rethinking the FN key

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 01:46:03PM +0100, Jochen Voss spake thus:
> Hello Johannes,
>
> On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 02:32:53PM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > Heh, possibly. What about X then? I don't get any x event when I push
> > that button.
> No idea about X.  I noticed that keycodes in X are different from the
> one on the console, so there must be some magic going on.  But I never
> found out why or how this is handled this way.
[...]
I just recently switched from a Titanium PowerBook G4 1GHz to the
Aluminum PowerBook G4 1.67GHz.  The fn key worked flawlessly with
that machine and a 2.6.11.10 kernel and the default keyboard
mappings; Page Up, Page Down, Home, End, and all the gtkpbbuttons
keys worked fine with fn as the modifier, as shown in the Options
tab of powerprefs.  I no longer have that old unit set up, or I
could look at it to compare.  Is this fn key issue unique to the
newest PowerBooks, or are other models experiencing this as well?

Regards,
--
Barry Hawkins
All Things Computed