Re: rethinking the FN key

Hello,

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 08:43:08PM +0200, marco wrote:
> Kernel includes, maybe.
> include/linux/input.h:
> #define KEY_FN                  0x1d0
>
> There is also a drivers/macintosh/adbhid.c:
> #define ADB_KEY_FN         0x3f
>
> this is the only context I recall for the KEY_FN definition, at the
> moment.

The output of "dumpkeys -l" lists the keycode 0x01d0 for the
function key F199.  Maybe fn could be accessed as F199 than.  Or
would this 0x01d0 be another kind of key code?

0x003f is listed as "question" (I read this as "question mark"),
so 0x3f above must mean something else.

Sorry, I do not know enough to give meaningful help here.  But I think
it would be important to have the fn-key accessible from both, the Linux
text console and X11.

All the best,
Jochen
--