Re: rethinking the FN key

Hello Johannes,

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 06:33:45PM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 12:31 +0100, Jochen Voss wrote:
> > > So I decided to map it to KEY_FN instead, which almost works. I have a
> > > patch for pbbuttonsd to accept fn as another modifier, so that's ok.
>
> > What is KEY_FN?  Does the Linux console know about this?
>
> Good question. How do I determine this?
I do not really know the answer.  But "dumpkeys -l" emits something
which I think is the list of all recognised key symbols.  Looking for
the string "fn" gives no result there.  Maybe it appears under a different
name there?

What context does the name KEY_FN belong to?

All the best,
Jochen
--
http://seehuhn.de/