Re: Gpm running with PC-like parameters

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 10:53:47AM +0200, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> For me, it's quite surprising that gpm works perfectly with device as
> /dev/psaux and type as autops2. This is a B&W G3 where mice should be
> at /dev/input/mice and the type should be... Anything else?

I'm not sure where it got changed, but in the 2.6 kernel source I have
laying around, /dev/psaux is explicitly documented to just be an
alternate way to get the same data as /dev/input/mice. Someone most
likely did that to remain compatible with older setups that were
using ps/2 mice before the psaux driver got merged into the generic
input layer. It's a configuration option that can be disabled if
you really don't like it. Take a look at INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX in
drivers/input/Kconfig in the source for the description.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com