Re: Oops with 2.6.12-rc4, when coming back from sleep

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> writes:
> On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 03:01 +0300, Eddy Petrisor wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have finaly installed 2.6.12-rc4, but I found that it oopses when
>> comming back from sleep.
>> Any idea why?
>>
>> boring info on:
>
> It's apparently a bug in the USB HID code when CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND is
> enabled, though so far, I haven't got the USB folks to figure out what's
> going on. You should post your report to the linux-usb-devel mailing
> list anyway, maybe that will get them more data on the problem.
>
> (linux-usb-devel@lists.sourceforge.net)
>
> Ben.

This looks similar to the problem I had. After applying Dave's patch for the
USB hub issue, and recompiling with CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND=y, I can sleep/resume
with an external mouse attached, no problem.

The thread about it is at
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.devel/34760>.

cheers,

John