Re: Further XF86 trouble: startx -> no screens found

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 23:13 -0700, Mike S wrote:
> Indeed UseFBDev is what finally got me into X so that is a definite
> good
> start point.
Good to hear.
>  But I have read in older posts between Mr. Danzer and
> someone having a similar  problem to mine, which isn't that much
> different than yours that UseFBDev requires aty128fb,
not sure about that as I've never come across that.
> I am not sure if
> that's still the case, but I thought I'd put in out there.  It also
> works for me if I specify nothing at boot.  I lose video for the
> kernel,
Not sure what you mean here as I don't have to boot with anything extra
other than what yaboot specifies.

> but when gdm starts I get it back.
No console text during boot?

> I also have some different things from an XFree86Config-4 (or
> whatever
> it's called) that I found on the net that has seemed to improve my
> results when I put them into my xorg.conf, if you are interested I
> can
> post them, or send them.
>
> --Mike S

 What do you mean?  Things to improve X responsiveness for the Rage 128?
Sure, I'm interested.  Just let me know if they are for xorg or xfree86.