Re: instruction cache throttling

Joerg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> writes:
> How do you set the ictc? With a value of 254 and 600MHz I play mp3s
> with load nearly zero. Because this I think my module do not work.

Joerg,

I think your module does something, but you are not using it properly. With a
value of 254, it has no effect. Using your module, you will only see a
difference using odd values, because the least significant bit is what enables
the ICTC. Try some small odd values like 3 or 7 and see what happens. The
information on ICTC usage is from "MPC7450 RISC Microprocessor Family User's
Manual", section 10.3.

I have put my code online, you can download it from
<http://www.toojays.net/portal/Members/toojays/ict-0.1.tar.bz2/download>. I
also started a Wiki page about power consumption on the iBook G4, but
currently it has no really new information.

cheers,

John