Re: Help on Mobility Radeon driver

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 15:04 +0530, subramanyam wrote:
> Hi !
> I am having the doubt on getting the monitor information in the
> absence of  video BIOS.
>
> Presently i am developing the driver for Mobility Radeon M6 and
> waiting for the board to come.In the coming board video Bios is not
> there,i am following the kernel 2.4.25 radeonfb and rage xl code.In
> radeonfb panel information is coming form video Bios so what can i do
> for my driver to get monitor information without video Bios.

Your post is very confusing... there is no way the rage xl code will do
any good on a radeon M6... If you are trying to bootstrap a radeon M6,
you probably need to get ATI to provide you with the proper init
sequence, or an x86 video BIOS image that you can run in an x86 BIOS
emulator, like the one in uboot.

Ben.