Re: flakey ibook keyboard

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 18:27, Brad Boyer wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 02:46:29PM +0200, [ATR]Dj-Death wrote:
> > same problem here with ibook G4. If it's a bug or whatever. I just know
> > this often happens when I press several key at the same time.
> > Has anyone an idea to fix it ?
>
> I think this is likely a hardware issue. A standard ADB keyboard can
> only register two key events at the same time. However, you can get
> the status of all the modifier keys in a single pass. Because of this,
> the keys that are supposed to be modifiers act a little different from
> the others. Using a non-modifier key (like enter) as a modifier may
> not do what you expect.

This repeat thing has been happening for me with just normal keys.  Sometimes,
it'll just start typing 2222s when I haven't typed anything for a second or
two.  Could it be a delayed hardware issue with earlier typing, or does this
mean that something else is going on?

--
Lee.

Please send replies to the list, not to my email address.