Re: Help with inkscape bug #303551

On Thursday 12 May 2005 04:30, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 21:16 +0200, Wolfram Quester wrote:
> > In bug #303551 it was reported that inkscape segfaults on startup.
> > strace output and a core file are attached to the bugreport. ltrace
> > outputs nothing and never finishes. gdb however gives
> > or has an idea how to debug this?
>
> I recently encountered similarly mysterious crashes in some
> applications. None of my debugging attempts seemed to make much sense,
> so I ended up going through all the dependencies and reinstalling them
> one at a time. Lo and behold, the crashes vanished after reinstalling
> one of the library packages. So apparently the library had somehow got
> corrupted on the filesystem.
>
> No idea if this is a similar issue, but it's definitely something worth
> trying I think.

Yes, it seems to have been similar.  Made a little script that reinstalled
each dependency, then tried to launch inkscape.  After a while of running in
the background, inkscape popped up, and the output was:

Setting up libgtkmm-2.4-1 (2.4.11-1) ...
libgtkmm-2.4-1 fixed it

:)

I'm still not sure what the problem was, but I guess it's been fixed now,
whatever it was :)

Thanks Michel, Wolfram, and Guido :)

--
Lee.

Please send replies to the list, not to my email address.