Re: Dead keys won't work

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra wrote:
Em Seg, 2005-05-09 às 22:54 +0300, Eddy Petrisor escreveu:

#get your new hot AltGr out of the key between z and left shift
xmodmap -e "keycode 94 = Alt_R"
	This in interesting, will try with the right Option (Alt) key.
good luck

	Good for you -- the software I use really feels better with separate
Alt and Meta keys, and the use I want really needs AltGr.

I meant that the keys (from a hardware connection POV) are identical.

	If right and left Alt are the same from a hardware PoV I'm stuck...
did I say Alt _again_ ? I meant option...

	So what would lswin_switch and alts_toggle mean?

Press Left Win-key to choose 3rd level

	Is there a vocabulary or tutorial to understand what's 3rd level?

I learned all I know by digging the forums, web and man page for xev

Both Alt keys together change group

	And what a group would be?

read man xmodmap, xev
use xkbwatch - a nice tool to detect if your groups are activated (hint: press shift, alt... and so on)

	That is nice indeed... but then these are user configurations, and
ideally I would like to, after testing, implement then in X and leave
Gnome out of the way... how to?

I think is possible. Look for a thread in which I participated (related to starting gtkpbbuttons at X startup).

There is a hint there that might help, taking into account that xmodmap is a X command, not a GNOME one ;-)

again, keep me posted

--
Regards,
EddyP