Re: Dead keys won't work

Em Seg, 2005-05-09 às 22:54 +0300, Eddy Petrisor escreveu:
> #get your new hot AltGr out of the key between z and left shift
> xmodmap -e "keycode 94 = Alt_R"

	This in interesting, will try with the right Option (Alt) key.

> > 	Good for you -- the software I use really feels better with separate
> > Alt and Meta keys, and the use I want really needs AltGr.
>
> I meant that the keys (from a hardware connection POV) are identical.

	If right and left Alt are the same from a hardware PoV I'm stuck...

> > 	Besides, I really need AltGr to produce some extra characters, such as
> > the Euro, vowels with macron for Greek transliteration, etc.
>
> I guess you should dig then :D

	So true...

> > 	So what would lswin_switch and alts_toggle mean?
>
> Press Left Win-key to choose 3rd level

	Is there a vocabulary or tutorial to understand what's 3rd level?

> Both Alt keys together change group

	And what a group would be?

> Anyway, I think this is the path you should follow. (Use the GUI to make
> these changes; they are applied instanlty, so you can test fast).

	That is nice indeed... but then these are user configurations, and
ideally I would like to, after testing, implement then in X and leave
Gnome out of the way... how to?

> I guess, but I never found it. Be my guest and tell me if you do find
> such a HOWTO.

	Will do...

--
+55 (11) 5685 2219               xmpp:leandrod@jabber.org
+55 (44) 3025 6253                       Yahoo!: lgcdutra