Re: Dead keys won't work

Em Sáb, 2005-05-07 às 11:06 +0300, Eddy Petrisor escreveu:
> I don't know if this will help you, but I made option to act as alt_meta
> on my PB G4 (not a system wide setting, though this would be nice), and
> I can write with diacritics in Romanian.

	That is precisely what I don't want -- I want left Option to be Alt (as
labelled), right Option to be Alt-Gr (to create uncommon characters),
and Command to be Meta.  As I understand it you make Option to be both
Alt and Meta, thus depriving Command of usefulness.

> I have in /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb/options = [lv3
> lv3:lwin_switch,grp grp:alts_toggle]

	I'd really like to understand these options...

	BTW, to sum up: now I got what I want in Gnome, but I'd like to get rid
of Gnome options to have X determine configuration, or ideally the Linux
console so that I'll have the same keys all over the system; and I still
need Alt_Gr.

	Thanks anyway...

--
+55 (11) 5685 2219               xmpp:leandrod@jabber.org
+55 (44) 3025 6253                       Yahoo!: lgcdutra