Re: stranded Ibook g4 users

Colin Leroy wrote:

>> But when I unplug my usb mouse (without even going to sleep),
>> mouseemu and pbbuttonsd start to eat 99% of the cpu and I have to
>> restart them. Is there a way to investigate on my machine to find out
>> the problem and help the developpers?
>
> Arh, I don't really know if you can do something without developing. I
> guess I'll have to put my hands on an usb mouse and debug mouseemu
> myself... For pbbuttons you'll have to ask Matthias Grimm - if he
> didn't already see your mail, that is.

Hi Colin,

It's a bit more complicated... In fact, this problem seems to only occur
when mouseemu is running and only the first time the usb mouse is unplugged.
Explanations...

With pbbuttonsd runing but not mouseemu, everything's ok (at least, I
disabled mouseemu in rc2 and I never encountered the problem again).

With mouseemu and pbbuttonsd both running, here is the scenario :

- iBook started with mouseemu and pbbuttonsd
- top is launch to monitor the cpu consumption
- the mouse is unpluged
- mouseemu starts to eat all cpu activity
- /etc/init.d/mouseemu stop
- pbbuttons starts to eat all cpu activity
- /etc/init.d/pbbuttonsd restart
- everything's ok
- mouse is plugged in
- mouse is unplugged
- etc...
- everythings is still ok.

Tell me is you want me to test various scenarii (restarting mouseemu instead
of stoping, test without pbbuttonsd...).

Sincerely,

Yannick