Re: Mount Apple-CDs

On Wed, 2005-04-20 11:45:11 -0700, Brad Boyer <flar@allandria.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 11:14:21AM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-04-20 07:39:07 +0000, Joerg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:
> > > how to mount Apple CDs? They are disks with a partition table
> >
> > AFAIK, partitioned CD-ROMs aren't supported by Linux right now. However,
> > there are several ways to work around that.
[...]

> Just to note that I think it's a horrible hack to do it this way,
> but noone cares enough to go through the pain of proper support
> for partition maps on anything that doesn't look like a hard drive.

Well, there's no *need* to do that. Actually, some hackers even thought
about ripping out all the partition detection code in favour of a
userspace library and DM. That would even work out in the case of a root
filesystem, IFF you put that lib into a initrd...

However, thanks for hinting us to the hfs{,+} code :)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O