Re: iBook G3 owners

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 08:35:33PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 19:41 +1000, Ian Wienand wrote:
> > On my 700Mhz 750FX iBook, with 2.6.12-rc2 and your patches from the
> > website I require those extra changes to make it work.  Without them,
> > the iBook goes to sleep OK, but doesn't seem to wake up (this has been
> > a problem since somewhere just after 2.6.10 IIRC).
>
> Cool ! Can you tell me the revision (PVR value) of the CPU ? It's all
> in /proc/cpuinfo

For completeness, here is my /proc/cpuinfo

processor       : 0
cpu             : 750FX
temperature     : 23-25 C (uncalibrated)
clock           : 700MHz
revision        : 1.18 (pvr 7000 0112)
bogomips        : 1388.54
machine         : PowerBook4,3
motherboard     : PowerBook4,3 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 257 (iBook 2 rev. 2)
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 512K unified
memory          : 256MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

> Ok. I suspect the wakeup effect might be caused by the delays in
> radeonfb that I added to work around some chip errata... You can try
> hacking them out from the errata function in radeonfb.h

Indeed, making those functions stubs returns everything to normal.

My video card is the ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY, so maybe those errata
need to be disabled for that card?

-i