Re: unable to mount hfs+ partition read/write

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Andre Lehovich wrote:
> I'm getting the following error message when I try to mount
> my OS-X partition read/write (Debian's 2.6.8-9 kernel):
>
> # mount -t hfsplus -o rw /dev/hda5 /osx
> # dmesg | tail -1
> HFS+-fs warning: Filesystem was not cleanly unmounted, running fsck.hfsplus is recommended.  mounting read-only.

Installing Debian's 2.6.10-3 kernel is what finally solved
the problem.  (Thanks Roman!)  Is there any chance of this
fix making it into Sarge's kernel?

The suggestion to use the Disk Rescue program on the OS-X
install DVD did *not* work for me, nor did running
hpunmount.

Thanks for all the help,
--Andre